1. We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life forces marked by the phases of the Moon and the seasonal quarters and cross-quartes.
2. We recognize the our intelligence gives us a unique responsability toward our environment. We seek to live in harmony with Nature, in ecological balance offereing fulfillment to life and consciousnes with an evolutionary concept.
3. We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than is apparent to the average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary, it is sometimes called 'supernatural', but we see it as lying within that wich is naturally potential to all.
4. We conceive of the Creative Power in the Universe as manifesting through polarity - as masculine and feminine- and that this same creative Power lives in all people, and functions through the interaction of the masculine and feminine. We value niether above the other, knowing each to be supportive of the other. We value sexuality as pleasure, as the symbol and embodiment of Life, and as one of the sources of energies used in magickal practice and religious worship.
5. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or psychological worlds- sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconscious, in Inner Planes, etc.- and we see in the interaction of these two dimensions the basis for paranormal phenomena and magickal excersises. We neglect neither dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fullfilment.
6. We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor those who teach, respect those who share thier greater knowledge and wisdom, and aknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.
7. We see religion, magick, and wisdom-in-living as bieng united in the way one views the world and the way one lives within it- a world veiw and philosophy of life, whcih we identify as Witchcraft or the Wiccan Way.
8. Calling oneself 'Witch' does not make a Witch- but neither does heredity itself, or the collecting of titles, degrees and initiations. A Witch seeks to control the forces within him/herself that make life possible in order to live wisely and well, without harm to others, and in harmony with Nature.
9. We acknowledge that it is the affermation fo the fulfillment of life, in a continuation of evolution and development of consciousness, that gives meaning to the Universe we know, and our personal role within it.
10. Our only animosoty towards Christainity, or toward any other religion or philosophy-of-life, is the extent that its institutions have claimed to be "The one true right and only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others an to suppress other ways of religious practices and belief.
11. As American Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history of the Craft, the origins of various terms, the legitimacy of various aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present, and our future.
12. We do not accept the concet of 'absolute evil', nor do we worship and entity known as 'Satan' or 'the Devil' as defined by Christain Tradition. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor do we accept the concept that personal benefits can only be derived by denial to another.
13. We work within Nature for that which is contributary to out health and well-being.
Home / Wicca / Beliefs / Poetry / Links / Chatroom / Webrings / View Guestbook / Sign Guestbook /